Tuesday, January 1, 2019

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies with dried cranberries

Made these white chocolate macadamia nut cookies with dried cranberries because my FIL brought me a bag of roasted unsalted Mac nuts and said those were his favorite cookie.

Recipe from Bon appetit:

INGREDIENTS

  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries (about 6 ounces)
  • 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips (about 8 1/2 ounces)
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted salted macadamia nuts (about 4 1/2 ounces)

RECIPE PREPARATION

  • Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift first 3 ingredients into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add both sugars and beat until blended. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Add dry ingredients and beat just until blended. Using spatula, stir in cranberries, white chocolate chips, and nuts.
  • For large cookies, drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, spacing 2 1/2 inches apart. For small cookies, drop dough by level tablespoonfuls onto sheets, spacing 1 1/2 inches apart.
    • Bake cookies until just golden, about 18 minutes for large cookies and about 15 minutes for small cookies. Cool on sheets. DO AHEAD: Can be made ahead. Store airtight at room temperature up to 2 days or freeze up to 2 weeks.

My notes:
I used roasted unsalted nuts and added a little extra kosher salt in the dough. I also topped the cookies with a little fleur de sel midway through the bake.
These cookies took around 10 minutes to be done for me. I would consider subbing some part of the vanilla for almond extract. Overall, though they came out well, I think I prefer my macadamia but cookies without the dried cranberries and with more nuts. I probably will not make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment