Friday, January 15, 2021

Chakkarai Pongal

 Made this recipe from Subbhu’s kitchen. 

https://www.subbuskitchen.com/sakkarai-pongal/


My thoughts:

1. I did about 2 cups of jaggery. Would do the full 2.5 cups next time because it could’ve been sweeter.

2. I would change the parrupu to dal ratio to closer to 50/50. I thought it was super rice-y. 

3. I followed the recipe exactly for making the jaggery syrup (even strained it, which I would do again to get rid of any any unmelted jaggery lumps). I also added the milk, which I liked. 

4. I used 1/2 tsp of preground cardamom and just a pinch of pachai kalpurAm. Next time would either add more preground cinnamon or consider grinding fresh. 

5. I liked the taste that jaggery gives and would try this recipe again with adjustments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment