Friday, January 8, 2021

Reduced Fat Oatmeal Raisin cookies

 Made this recipe out of curiosity. A colleague had made them and everyone had raved about them (although I don’t think I had one at the time, come to think of it). I did get the recipe from her and was intrigued by the method of using raisin pulp and cooking the butter and oats together. I’ve kept it for years and finally decided to try them out. 

My notes: 

1. I used table salt, a combo of APP and WWPF, and other wise followed the recipe exactly. 

2. They spread quite a bit so 6 to a pan was sufficient, as was 10ish or so minutes in the oven. 

3. Verdict: if I cared more about reduced fat, perhaps I’d make again, but the truth is these underwhelmed me. They’re a little too sticky, and not deep enough for me. So I probably won’t make again unless TK tells me that he looooved them. 

My pics 





No comments:

Post a Comment