Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Vanilla Cupcakes

 This recipe is from Food and Wine, as a part of a recipe for Vanilla Cupcake Ice Cream Sandwiches. The recipe itself is for cupcakes, but it instructs you to slice off the cupcake top to use as a sweet bun for an ice cream sandwich (and save the cupcake bottoms for some other use...lol). I made this for Arkasha’s birthday because I wanted a recipe that would only make a dozen cupcakes and that had an easy number of ingredients and steps that the little ones could help with the baking. 


Ingredients



My thoughts:

1. As cupcakes, these were pretty dense, and I wouldn’t make again. Tasted yummy, but definitely needed frosting (I merely used icing) or milk or ice cream or something. 

2. I would be intrigued to use these as “buns” for an ice cream sandwich, though. Maybe in the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment