Thursday, July 18, 2019

Gluten free (and dairy free) banana almond butter muffins




Gluten-Free Banana-Almond Butter Muffins



For additional crunch, top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of granola before baking.
TOTAL TIMEPREPYIELD

Ingredients



Directions


  1. 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with baking cups, or lightly brush with oil. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, mashed bananas, eggs, sugar, salt, baking soda, and vinegar until just combined.

  2. 2. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups; top each with 2 to 3 banana slices. Bake until golden and tops spring back when lightly touched, about 18 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes in tin, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.







My thoughts:
1. I used a mix of raw almond butter and TJ's mixed nut butter. I did not top the muffins with sliced banana, though in order to make them more visually appealing, I would consider it next time.
2. Made a dozen muffins, took about 15ish minutes in my oven
3. I threw in some cinnamon because I felt like it needed a little more flavor.
4. Yummy hot out of the oven!


No comments:

Post a Comment