Sunday, February 28, 2021

Miso banana bread

I’ve had this recipe saved from Food and Wine magazine, and I finally tested it out because I had leftover buttermilk to use up. 





https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/miso-banana-bread


Ingredients




My notes:

1. Made this recipe with 4.5 small bananas, and used the final half to slice and top the bread. I pretty much followed the recipe exactly, except of course I subbed about 1/2 cup of the APP for WWPF. I mashed, didn’t blend the bananas. I sifted the dry ingredients into the wet, and used parchment paper for my 9 x5 loaf pan (which worked fine, no overflow). The only major change was, as mentioned, I didn’t slice the last banana lengthwise, I sliced it into rounds and arranged it on top, and then sprinkled turbinado sugar over the top. 

2. This baked in about an hour, and already had super dark edges at the hour mark. When it cooled, it was just the teensiest bit sunk in the center, but cooked. 

3. Yummy. I was intrigued by the recipe because the usual suspects in banana bread (vanilla, cinnamon, nuts, chocolate chips) were missing, and it really felt like the banana shone through. It also isn’t super sweet, which is great. Overall, I’m a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment